Virtual Workshop 1: Optimizing Building under COVID-19 Conditions
Friday, June 12th | 9:00am - 11:30am
Exploring the optimizing the operation of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system, and will explore the impact on HVAC on building performance and occupant health. Lessons and building the foundation for a discussion by sharing what was witnessed, and seek additional input from the industry on the path moving forward.
- Getting building systems ready for post COVID-19 occupancy
- Defining the Current Facility Requirements (CFR)
- Health & safety consideration for HVAC under COVID-19 conditions
- HVAC maintenance & operations best practices
- Optimizing HVAC performance to operating conditions which may not be defined
- Air filtration vs air purification
- Survey of major operational concerns & experience
|This session will explore lessons learned from SARS & MERS and address what modifications might need to be made to Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems to optimize performance while consideringoccupant health.Explore Air filtration vs. air purification.|
Getting building systems ready for post COVID-19 Occupancy.
Learn about the use of UV-C lighting and other technologies. Compare operational concerns & share experience.
9:00 - 10:00 Workshop: Optimizing HVAC & performance under the"new normal"
10:00 - 10:10 Break
10:10 - 10:40 Workshop: Lessons learned & operations analytics
10:40 - 11:15 Expert panel discussion
- Moderator, David Hoffman, General Manager, Hines
- Panelists: Luke Leung, P.E. Vice Chair, Environmental Health Committee/Member Epidemic Task Force at ASHRAE, Director Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
- Eddie Camilleri, Corporate Energy Manager, William Osler Health System
- Steve Horwood, Vice President, Business Development, GDI Integrated Facility Services
11:15- 11:30 Q&A & Wrap-up
Expert Panel Discussion Moderator and Panelist